This is for all those peeps that hate using Control Panel to change their default audio devices...
- Allows you to change Windows Default Audio devices without opening Control Panel
- Quick access to audio devices from the System Tray.
- Full Global Hot Key support which allows you to change the default audio device with the press of a key
- Favourite Devices - Only your favourited devices will show up in the Tray Icon Menu.
- Settings support for closing to tray, starting minimized to tray and running at start up (using a registry key)
- You don't have to be a slave to the Windows Control Panel anymore!
- Windows Vista/7 32-bit or 64-bit (Vista and 32-bit remains untested, but assumed working)
- .NET 3.5 Client Profile installed
- Added auto update feature to the update window. App can now update itself.
- Added new setting to check for updates on start up, and notify via a notify popup (sys tray popup)
- Fixed an icon disappearing issue.184.108.40.206:
- Sweet favourite icons, thanks Codex
- More acknowledgements yo!
- Update service. From this version on you can now manually check for updates on the settings tab, and when there is a new update it will give you the zipped exe
- Hot keys can now be set via right click menu
- Bug reporting (properly implemented this time)
- Attempted fix on a COMException not found error that keeps cropping up for a few people.220.127.116.11 RC1:
- First introduction of new features (nothing usable just yet
- Refreshed the UI to match the control panel UI. Should make it a shit load easier to distinguish the devices from one another.
- KONAMI CODE
- KNOWN ISSUE: Favourite/Default Devices currently do not have an icon to show that they are favourited/defaulted
- KNOWN ISSUE: Set hot key via right click is not active18.104.22.168 RC1:
- Repackaged the executable
- Fixed hotkey not listing microphone devices
- Added initial support for emailing errors22.214.171.124:
- Removed the duplicate process check NOTE: This comes with a warning that 2 copies of Audio Switcher should not be run on the same PC. It could play havoc with the hotkey system. Use at your own discretion.126.96.36.199:
- Changed the notification hover tooltip to show the default output (is more useful than "Audio Switcher")188.8.131.52:
- Quick Switch wasn't refreshing the menu options. Now fixed184.108.40.206:
- Fixed hot key window crash
- Altered the hot keys to allow for non modifier (Ctrl, Alt, Shift) hotkeys to work.
- Ini settings are now action on start up.220.127.116.11:
- Fixed issue where favourite devices were not saving correctly
- Increased the maximum number of favourite devices from 3 (lol my bad) to something silly like 500.
- Fixed issue where old/removed favourited devices were still being saved
- Attempted fix for the app crash when devices were not being detected correctly.
- Added new functionality, Quick Switch Mode, (thanks nzkfc for the suggestion). This mode allows a single click on the icon to CYCLE through favourite PLAYBACK devices for "super" quick changing between playback devices.
- Revised the hotkey disabled function. It now un-registers the hotkey from the system instead of ignoring it.18.104.22.168:
- Fixed issue where main window would not be set active (brought to front) when tray icon was double clicked
- Changed the .NET version to 3.5 Client Profile to ensure portability22.214.171.124:
- Fixed issue where context menu would appear twice after a right click on tray icon126.96.36.199:
- Fixed issue where tray menu would not populate devices when run in minimized mode
- Added left click to open context menu on icon, has a small delay to allow for the double click to open main window.188.8.131.52:
- Added "Disable Hot Key" setting
- Fixed issue when hot keys are active when the Hot Key edit window is open.184.108.40.206:
- Added Hot key support
- Added "Favourite Device" support
- Added Settings
- Added Donation Link
- Main window can now be resized220.127.116.11:
- Initial Release
- Basic support for switching default audio devices
- Tray Icon for quick switching
Download Link: http://services.fortyone.net.nz/AudioSwitcher/Versions/18.104.22.168/AudioSwitcher.zip
If you guys like it. Feel free to pass it on to your friends
I will keep the development temporarily open on this for a little while so if you guys have any suggestions/bugs then post in here and I will fix before releasing a final version.
Feature list is likely to stay locked, unless there is something REALLY GOOD that is missing.
Things I may do but, it would require a bit of effort hence may not/probably won't happen:
- Adding scripting/profiles, so a hot key can change more than one device and volume levels etc...
- Adding volume support
- Directx overlay for in game.
- Auto switch device on application launch